I don’t understand why but some phone manufactures just never seem to put enough internal space onto their phones. Yes, Android has Apps2SD build in but that still leaves behind many files on the internal memory that still consume your precious space. That’s why you should install the free app, Link2SD from the Google
Android Play Market.
What this app does it it moves EVERYTHING over to the SD card. It uses a second partition on your SD card to store apps and their corresponding data onto. And by creating a symlink to this area on the SD card it uses a little to no space on your phone’s internal memory.
- Create and remove link for apk, dex and lib files of the applications you select
- Automatically link newly installed apps (optional)
- Move any user apps to SD even though the app does not support moving to SD (a.k.a. “force move”, for Android 2.2 and higher)
- Shows the apps that support moving to SD with native apps2sd (for Android 2.2 and higher)
- Set the default install location of the apps; auto, internal, or external (for Android 2.2 and higher)
- Batch link, unlink, reinstall, uninstall, “move to SD”, “move to phone” functions (multi-select mode)
- Uninstall system applications
- Freeze and un-freeze system and users applications
- Convert system apps into user apps
- Convert user apps into system apps
- Integrate “Updated” system apps into system (ROM)
- Clear data and cache of the application
- Clear all apps cache at once (1-tap cache cleaner without being root)
- List applications, show detailed size information and link status
- Sort and filter applications
- Search applications by name
- Display available space information of internal storage, SD card and SD card 2nd partition
Problems This Fixed On My Phone:
- “Package File Invalid” Error
- “Insufficient Storage” Error
Setting this up can be a little different as you have to format your SD card to include a secondary partition which cannot be seen within Windows. I wrote this guide that I used on my LG Optimus V, the steps for your phone should be very similar.